Table of Contents Hide
It’s not uncommon for a business to have a mobile site and a mobile app. But a push notification service? That’s a service we haven’t seen before!
That’s where Gravitec comes in!
Gravitec is an award-winning push notification service that automates campaigns and brings more traffic to your website by using the push notification feature.
The push notification is a great idea, and I was surprised that it hadn’t been done before. It’s a great way to reach out to your customer, ask for feedback, keep on top of your customers and keep them informed of what’s going on with your product.
So how good is Gravitec?
Let’s find out!
Gravitec is a tool that uses push notifications to produce automated content for different platforms. Blogs, eCommerce, and software are just a few platforms that Gravitec can be used for.
Gravitec aims to boost traffic to your website, convert 10-15% of leads into subscribers, and automatically send campaigns.
Gravitec has been around for several years now. It was founded in 2013 with just 4 employees. Today, over 20 people work at Gravitec, servicing media companies. It’s trusted by some pretty big companies like Metro, Esquire, Cosmopolitan, and Men’s Health.
Gravitec is the first company to provide web push technology to Eastern Europe. Since its two offices are located in Ukraine and Poland, it’s definitely been revolutionary in the tech space.
But that’s not all.
Gravitec has been the winner of a couple of awards: Startup Competition by Seedstars Kyiv and Telecom Accelerator. Both of these awards were given in the same year – 2016!
What Are Gravitec’s Values?
Gravitec aims to provide the highest-quality push notification service to people worldwide. It also strives to:
- Bring customers back to your site
- Automate when possible
- Send notifications to audiences of all sizes
- Be welcoming to new subscribers
- Allow clients to set up unobtrusive permission prompts
- Give clients analytics that improves results
How Is It Used?
Gravitec is pretty simple to use.
You can sign up for a free account – no credit card required. Once you’ve signed up, you’ll be taken to this page:
On this page, you’ll be asked to add your website, set up push automation, Smart Digest (to send the most popular articles to your subscribers), enable Push Inbox, and allow visitors to subscribe to push notifications.
For the last option, you’ll see this screenshot:
You’ll need to integrate your website with Gravitec to get the whole experience. Install the Gravitec plugin, open the plugin page and click “Connect to existing account”. Once you’ve done that, verify the integration to your website and subscribing to notifications.
When you’ve done all that, click “Get Started” and you’re done!
What Features Does Gravitec Have?
Gravitec has a wide range of features that help you get more traffic, more subscribers, and streamlined campaigns.
- Drip Campaigns – these are a series of notifications for your new subscribers. This feature will let you gather some articles for your new subscribers. This will increase their engagement and make them loyal to you.
- Daily/Weekly News Digest – a feature called Push Digest compiles your most popular news. You can send up to ten top news pieces.
- Automated News Delivery – you can send push campaigns right from your RSS feed.
- Permission Prompt – Customize it by choosing the location, appearance, language(s), when to display them, and different settings for desktop and mobile.
- The Bell – your subscribers can communicate with you with this feature. This will boost your engagement and earn their trust and loyalty.
- Targeted Campaigns – has basic and advanced segmentation options based on the browser, OS (operating system), language, city, and country of the user.
- Monetization – increase paid subscriptions and promote your advertiser’s content.
- Campaign Reports – online charts that show important stats from your push campaigns so that you can evaluate how effective it is. These are available for an individual campaign, campaigns set in a certain timeframe, Opt-outs, and subscriptions.
Who Is Gravitec Aimed At?
Gravitec is useful for the following people:
- News editors
- Business owners
- Digital marketers
- Anyone who wants to increase subscriptions and boost engagement on their website
Pricing And Payment
Gravitec has two plans: Free and Business.
As you can see in the screenshot above, the Free option caters to those with no more than 10,000 subscribers. It’s only available for a single user, unlike the Business offering that can host an unlimited amount of users.
The number of notifications and automations is a lot smaller; to get an unlimited amount of notifications and automations, the Business option is the best one for you.
On the other hand, the Business option offers a lot more. The cost of the Business option depends on the number of subscribers you have (if it’s more than 1000, of course). You can toggle the arrow button to see how much it would cost per number of subscribers.
For example, if you have 1,000 subscribers, Gravitec would cost you $4 a month. If you have 25,000 subscribers, the Business plan would cost you $100 per month.
The highest amount is a whopping $800 a month for those with 200,000 subscribers. In that case, you can contact the Gravitec team by email.
If your subscriber count runs into the hundreds of thousands and you’ve got a few hundred dollars to spare, Gravitec is for you.
Despite the hefty price tag for having subscribers in the six figures, you get more bang for your buck with the Business plan than you do with the Free plan.
Pros And Cons
- Easy to use
- Has a wider reach of users than other software tools
- Regular notifications help you know what’s going on
- Affordable depending on your subscriber count
- Does all the work for you once set up
- Suited for news and media platforms
- Unlimited subscribers (Business option only)
- Works well with many integrations with a single line of code
- Some features are difficult to understand if you’re a beginner
- Could show more third party integrations
- A bit pricey depending on the number of subscribers you have
With Gravitec, I wanted to know: What could a push notification service do for me?
The answer was: It could send an alert whenever there’s new content on our favorite sites.
Although Gravitec is not a perfect software tool (which software tool is?), I’m pretty sure that Gravitec is trying to make the push notification service the new norm.
The overall verdict is: Gravitec scores 90%
The idea that a company would use push notifications to reach customers sounds unusual. But it’s this idea that makes this product so great.
As someone who uses this product, I can say that it has made my life so much easier! I can’t imagine using a website without push notifications, and it’s great that the Gravitec team has made the service accessible to everyone.
I’ve always been a fan of the idea of push notifications. That’s why I was excited to try out one of Gravitec’s push notifications. Gravitec is a great service, and I can tell you that it has saved me countless hours of keeping track of what’s happening on the internet.
I’m excited to see how Gravitec develops and the changes it will undergo as it becomes better and better at delivering push notifications.
If you’re not a fan of Gravitec, OneSignal is an alternative tool that you can use. It works the same way when it comes to receiving push notifications for your content.
But if this review has piqued your interest and you want to use Gravitec yourself, click here.